Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ode to Sephora

One of my favorite places ever to shop (or just to look) is Sephora. It is a meccca for makeup, hair, and body products. And there is something about "beauty products" that I just adore. And while I prefer to pay more along the line of WalMart's prices....I will shell it out if it promises to change my life (or hair/skin/face). I get mesmerized by the pretty packaging and the promises to make your skin glow, make your eyelashes long and full, or to make your hair shiny. Does this sound bizarre? Because I'm 100% serious.

Oh and the best part...when I was there a couple of weeks ago and gave them my shopper card they said...oh Mrs. S, you had a birthday and we have a gift for you. What!?!?! I could hardly contain my excitement as they gave me a FREE gift of lip glosses that I now love. So I'm listing some of my favorite Sephora products.


Christian Dior "Diorshow" Mascara. Thanks to my mom I have very fair eyelashes and not that many of them. This mascara is amazing and is well worth the money. However, due to the fact that I have decided that Sephora has a new expensive foundation that I can't live without I have decided to go on a brief hiatus from purchasing this.


And I'm now using this. It hails from WalMart and only cost me $7. It is actually really good and might be a keeper. I will always have a special place in my heart for Diorshow but this is def good competition.


The latest and greatest find is this HD Makeup Forever. It's supposed to make you look good on camera....for all those times I'm on camera. But I truly love this. The person helping me took my makeup off and put this on and it changed my life. But along with this I had to by the makeup brush that helped to change my life. I opted not to buy the expensive primer and now realize that it helped the life changing process as well. But I still love it.


One of my other fave things is this Urban Decay eyeshadow primer. You may wonder why in the world you would need eyeshadow primer. Well, I generally use very cheap eyeshadow or whatever comes in a free gift and therefore it rubs/fades off by like 10am. Not anymore:) This stuff is great.



At this point I'm going to call it a night b/c this is getting a bit ridiculous and I could go on forever. But it is 10:20pm which is way past my bedtime.




One last thing you should know is that she had Avacados for the first time tonight and unfortunately loved them. These are the most expensive and disgusting vegetables. I could have gagged feeding her but am trying to be open minded and feed her things even though I don't like. Avocados....but not bananas? Whatever.

1 comment:

  1. i love sephora!! it's a dangerous place to venture into... for sure! olivia is precious - and avacados are good ;-)

    ReplyDelete