Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm back....

So I have been having a debate with myself over whether or not to continue to blog or not. My last post was several weeks ago. And while I have many charming and witty things to say....I just haven't been able to make it happen. But I'm going to give it another go and see if I can't do better. I also received a threat from my friend Katy that she was going to "call the blog people" if I didn't update. Im thinking it was an empty threat....but she's pretty feisty and is still fired up at her cable company for sending a repairman covered in staph infection to her house. Get em.

One of my complaints is that it is easy if I'm just typing text. But the truth is that I don't have that many creative things to say and all people really want to see is pictures of Olivia. So blog people help me....when I upload pics they automatically go to the top of my post. And it is takes an act of congress for me to successfully move and arrange the post how I want it to look. Any suggestions???

So here is an update on the Smee's. And considering that there has been LOTS going on I have decided to defer to the old faithful bulleted list.
  • Our air went out for 3 weeks and we fought hard with our warranty company and then the repairman to get them to pay for it
  • The repairman ended up telling me after 2 weeks that he would no longer work with us b/c we were too difficult (let me take this time to say that I was nicer to him than anything you have seen b/c I wanted my air fixed! But he was sketchy and had a horrible reputation around here. So....don't let the door hit ya....)
  • Repairman #2...Steve. Steve is great and had it fixed in a few hours
  • We leave to go to London and Scotland.
  • Had a fabulous time and Liv was a fabulous traveler. She behaved better that several adults on the plane. Will post pics and more details later.
  • Returned from London in time to drive home through a horrific storm that had all semis pulled over on the side of the interstate.
  • Walked in our house to instantly know that our air was out again
  • Fought with the warranty company again and Steve came to our rescue and had it fixed...but not until 3 days later
  • Morning after we get home Olivia wakes up with the fever. Dr says she has Type A influenza and it is very contagious. She was so sick that day and it made me so sad. Her first illness.
  • Next morning....I have the flu and literally think I might die. I cannot stress how awful it was. But I lost 10 lbs
  • Im sick and on my deathbed for over a week. Olivia recovered in about a day.
  • I recover and start my new job one week late. I'm sure they are proud of the stellar person they hired.
  • During all of this drama I have left vmails unanswered along with email and fbook messages. I have yet to give my parents their anniversary gift that is sitting in my purse and my poor friend Hannah has gotten nothing either.
  • Here we are......that is life in a nutshell for now!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you back on the blog! I'm also astonished that you traveled abroad with a tiny baby and came back alive to tell about it. I'm also shocked you haven't killed someone and ended up in prison over this air conditioner..I mean, seriously! Regardless...glad to see I can keep up with the Smee's again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back on here. Sorry about the threats. Do you need me to call the air conditioner people for you? I'm obviously pretty convincing.

    ReplyDelete