Thursday, May 28, 2009

Show us where you live Friday!!


My blogging inspiration comes from a cool Arkansas girl named Kelly. She has started a great thing on her blog called "Show us where you live Friday". Each Friday is a different room and fellow bloggers can post their links to share. Now that I'm a "fellow blogger", I'm participating! I figure that if I get to snoop in everyone else's houses via the Internet then I should share my own. I'm always getting ideas from other people. So this Friday's room is nurseries/kids room. So enjoy pics of my nursery!

Oh...go here to check out Kelly's blog and the rest of the rooms people have posted.


I got the crib and the dresser from Penney's.com. I love them and the price was excellent! The "diaper cake" was a gift from a friend at a shower and has since been used! The monkey is waiting patiently to be hung on the wall...it came from a super cute kids store in Jonesboro.


This is obviously the crib:) The bedding came from Pottery Barn and I have been so happy with it. I always said I would steer clear of an overload of pink...but I loved this. And decided that the grey walls would offset it. I got the throw hanging over the edge in Munich, Germany several years ago. I was soooo pumped to see that it looked good in there.

This is the view that Olivia gets of the mobile. The picture really doesn't do it justice. My friend Beth found it on Etsy at this site and sent it to me. I LOVE it and am so glad I got it.


Ok a little bit of background information. My husband and I are avid travelers and tried to bring that into the "theme" of the nursery (or maybe we just hope she will absorb the love of it by laying in her crib...ha!). Anyway, the pics above are ones that I pulled out of our travel pics and are of children around the world. I think we have Egypt, Denmark, Poland, China, Italy and Belize represented! I bought $3 frames at Walmart...spray painted them with a million coats and had mats cut at hobby lobby. Cheap artwork!!

This changing table came from a great thrift store in town for $20!! My mom saw it and saw its "inner beauty". She stripped it and refinished it. I love it as a changing table but am also excited about using it in the future for something else. Versatile baby furniture...what could be better:) The pic above has the chorus to "Jesus loves the little children of the world" on it. One of my good friends had her sister make that as a shower gift. I love it and it ties in the theme of the room together perfectly.

This shelf has the "display books and toys" (in other words....don't touch them Liv!). Every time we visit a country we buy a children's book and some toy from there. I can't wait til she gets older and we can show her different languages and cultures.

A view from the door. See the rocker? Ok...it's a "Best" brand rocker and is amazing. I wanted one so bad after sitting in one at a specialty baby store. But they were a bit expensive for my taste. I ended up getting it off of Penney's.com for a great price and free shipping!

Thanks for touring my nursery....nothing is more fun than decorating a room for a baby!

11 comments:

  1. Very sweet! I love that mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is just beautiful!!!!
    So neat all the countries you have been to!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great nursery! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great nursery! Love the mobile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really lovely pieces and they tie together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that rocking chair! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her room...too precious! My husband and I LOVE LOVE To travel and we tried to do the same thing (incooperate our love of traveling) in our son's room. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great nursery! Really love the bed!

    ReplyDelete